Complaints/Request For Service
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a municipal program, service, facility, and staff or council member, where a citizen believes that the municipality has not provided a service experience to the customer’s satisfaction at the point of service delivery and a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
A complaint is distinct from:
- A Request for Service which is made on behalf of a citizen or public at large for a specific service, or to notify the Municipality that a scheduled service was not provided on time.
- A general enquiry or specific request for information regarding municipal service. An opinion or feedback, comment and expression of interest in a program or service.
- An expression of approval or compliment for municipal staff member, program, product or process.
- A suggestion or idea submitted by a citizen or public at large with the aim of improving services, programs, products or processes. This policy is not for complaints pertaining to:
- Staff members that are employed by a service provider contracted by the Municipality who shall be subject to the policies of that service provider.
- Issues addressed by legislation, or an existing municipal by-law, policy or procedure:
- A decision of Council or a decision of a committee of Council;
- Internal employee complaints; or
- Matters that are handled by tribunals, courts of law, quasi-judicial boards.
What is a REQUEST FOR Service ?
A Request for Service which is made on behalf of a citizen or public at large for a specific service, or to notify the Municipality that a scheduled service was not provided on time.
Role of Council
The role of Council is to develop general policies and directives on how to enforce issues. All complaints shall be in writing and signed by the complainant or submitted through the online form submission with the municipal website. Council shall not get involved In Individual enforcement issues but can receive confidential status reports for their information only, through a direction to staff.
Complaints may be submitted by:
Mail- Municipality of Tweed Attention: CAO/Treasurer 255 Metcalf Street Postal Bag 729 Tweed, ON K0K3J0
Email- email@example.com Subject Line: Complaint
In Person- See CAO/Treasurer, please call prior to arrival.