Tweed is both a village and a municipality which also includes the hamlets of Thomasburg, Stoco, Sulphide, Marlbank, Actinolite, and Queensborough, each offering different adventures and memories for you to make!
The Municipality of Tweed is a great destination to get away and enjoy the annual events, the outdoors, the recreational opportunities, the small-town friendliness and so much more!
Come check out some of our annual events such as the Elvis Festival in August, the Festival of Trees, The Tweed Stampede at Trudeau Park, and the 139th Annual Tweed Fair coming July 14-17th! To get the insider scoop on all the daily and annual events visit www.tweed.ca
Some of the must-see attractions of the area are;
- North America's Smallest Jailhouse which is open in the summer months as a tourist information center
- The Heritage Center offering various galleries and the history of the area
- The Conservation Areas such as Vanderwater in Thomasburg, and Price in Actinolite
- The blend of unique local businesses
- Stoco Lake right in the heart of Tweed which is home to the popular sport fish the Black Crappie and the Muskie.
Those are just a few to start! For more information on The Municipality of Tweed visit www.tweed.ca
So come and experience all of the wonderful opportunities you get to make memorable adventures right here in our backyard!